Brookhaven boil water notice lifted
The precautionary boil water notice for the City of Brookhaven has been lifted as of 5 p.m. Saturday, according to Water Department Superintendent Kris Xifos.
Pressure has been restored, Xifos said.
Citizens are asked to continue to take precautions and don’t use more water than necessary for the time being, in order to avoid overloading the system.
For water system emergencies, call the city hotline at 601-835-8025 or the Brookhaven Police Department at 601-833-2424.
When a boil-water notice is lifted:
● Flush faucets for a total of 10 minutes to introduce system water throughout house plumbing.
o 1 faucet — run for 10 minutes
o 2 faucets — run both for 5 minutes
o 3 faucets — run each for 3‐4 minutes
Flush any faucet a minimum of 2 minutes to ensure clearing of the line serving the
● Discard any drinks, ice, food, etc., made during the boil water notice.
● Rewash any food or drink contact items (knives, forks, plates, etc.) with cleared system water.
● Check water filters (in faucets, refrigerators and elsewhere) and replace if necessary.
● Do not use water from your hot water heater for drinking until several exchanges of the tank
● Run dishwasher through a cycle or two before washing dishes.