New Lincoln County election commissioner sworn in
The Lincoln County Board of Supervisors has chosen a new election commissioner for District 5.
On Sept. 7, the board of supervisors met to discuss issues concerning the county. One issue of important was the resignation of Marsha Britt Warren from her position as District 5 Election Commissioner.
As District 5 Supervisor, Doug Falvey gave recommendations for Warren’s replacement. The board entered executive session and discussed the personnel issue.
When the board came out of executive session, Jane James was announced to take Warren’s place. Because the resignation occurred too late, the position will not be included in the Nov. 3 election. There will be a special election conducted in Nov. 2021.
In other business, the board approved the following:
• Board minutes from Aug. 27.
• Inventory control for the county.
• Meal count sheets for week 48 for the Sheriff’s Department.
• Personal reports for Marsha Warren and Donnie Hedgepeth.
• School bus turnarounds for the following drivers: Wesley Derrick, Dana Beard, Sharon Hodges, Martha Lofton, Nancy McKenzie, Lindy Smith, Keona Jackson, Ernest Len Hart, Alise Meche and Samantha Courtney.
• Fiber Champions to bury fiber cables for high speed internet in the county.
• A second public hearing notice for Homeowner Rehab/Reconstruction program.
• An Interlocal Agreement between Lincoln County School District and Lincoln County Sheriff’s Department for security at sporting events.
Story by Gracie Byrne
Lincoln County reported nine new cases of COVID-19 since Friday and no new deaths, bringing the county’s case total to... read more