County school board OKs bidsPublished 10:57am Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Click here to subscribe and skip the survey.
Lincoln County School Board members spent the majority of Monday night’s meeting in an executive session with a student matter and then in regular session approving bids and advertisements for 16th Section land manager Stan Long.
Long got approval from the board to purchase gravel for roads on the districts bus routes that have been torn up by general use. He said there was also a culvert that needed to be replaced.
“We have $2,000 in escrow that can go towards paying for repairs,” Long said, “but, money earned from timber sales will take care of the rest.”
Long requested approval from the board to re-advertise for bids for the gravel and road repairs. He also requested approval to advertise for bids for agricultural leasing of 16th Section land.
He presented the bid from Lance Smith Logging to cut a 44-acre tract of timber on 16th Section land, which was approved, as was Monticello Forest Products for two other tracts – one for 34 acres and the other for 23 acres.
In other business board members:
• Approved the removal and addition of certified or non-certified teachers for the 2013-14 school year.
• Approved the removal of a teacher from the substitute teacher list for the 2013-14 school year.
• Agreed on an intern request.
• Accepted a donation of leave request.
• Approved child nutrition director Jeremy Berry’s recommendations on resignations and new hires within his department.
• Agreed to pay an instructor for third party testing.
• Accepted the FY14 Title VI, Rural and Low Income grant. This grant pays for equipment to upgrade two business labs in the district and in 2015 it will pay for two more labs to be upgraded.
• Accepted a grant to offset district expenses in providing grades K-3 universal screener software.
Superintendent Terry Brister wished members a good holiday season but had no other closing comments.
The next board meeting will be 5 p.m., Monday, Jan. 6, 2014, in the Lincoln County School District office, 233 E. Monticello St., downtown Brookhaven. For questions for the school district, contact (601) 833-0011.